1.1. ‘Falls Creek Hotham Snow Pass Media’ (‘Snow Pass Media’) means any product that provides the purchaser with access to the Ski Lifts or to ski or snowboard lessons, or ski or snowboard rental products, on a daily or multiday basis and, where the context requires, includes and refers to a Snow Pass Media RFID card.'
1.2. ‘Ski Lifts’ means such chair lifts, t-bars, poma lifts, moving carpet and tow ropes as may be operated by FCSL or MHSC at their respective resorts during the Snow Season.
1.3 ‘Snow Season’ means the period in each calendar year during which FCSL and MHSC operate the Ski Lifts at their respective resorts.
1.4 ‘Supplier’s Offices’ means the Supplier’s offices located at the Falls Creek Alpine Resort, the Mount Hotham Alpine Resort, or at any other location from time to time.
2. About these Terms of Sale
2.1. Please read these Terms of Sale carefully before using the Website. By using the Website, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Sale. If you choose not to be bound by these Terms of Sale FCSL or MHSC will not grant you the right to use the Website and you must not use the Website.
3. Ordering Procedure
3.1. You may offer to purchase the Snow Pass Media offers described in the Website for the price specified on the Website.
3.2. Your order must contain your name, postal address, phone number, date of birth, e-mail address, credit card details and any other ordering information specified on the Website.
3.3. Payment must be effected by credit card using the ordering facility on the respective Website.
3.4. Confirmation of your purchase will be sent to your nominated email address once your payment for the Snow Pass Media has been cleared. If you do not receive a confirmation email within two business days please contact FCSL on email@example.com or MHSC on firstname.lastname@example.org as the case dictates.
3.5. You may not cancel an order once it has been submitted and paid, even if a confirmation email from the Suppliers is still pending.
3.6. The Snow Pass Media are offered for sale only to persons who can make legally binding contracts.
3.7. If you wish to purchase a Snow Pass Media by telephone, post or by visiting one of the Suppliers’ Offices then any such purchase will be governed by these Terms of Sale excluding any of the Terms of Sale that are specific to purchases made using the Website.
3.8. If you opt to collect your Snow Pass Media direct from the Suppliers you will need to provide a valid photo ID showing your date of birth in order to collect your Snow Pass Media.
4.1. The price of the Snow Pass Media shall be the price displayed on the Website on the date of your order (inclusive of goods and services tax and any other charges which must be mandatorily disclosed under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) but exclusive of delivery charges which are payable by you).
4.2. All prices displayed on the Website are quoted in Australian dollars and must be paid in full, including delivery charges, except where discounts are offered as detailed on the Website.
5. Cancellation due to error or unavailability
5.1. You acknowledge that despite the Suppliers' reasonable precautions, Snow Pass Media may be listed at an incorrect price, with incorrect information, or which are unavailable due to a typographical error or other oversight. In these circumstances, the Suppliers each reserve the right to cancel the transaction, notwithstanding that your order has been confirmed and your credit card has been charged. The Suppliers each reserve this right up until the time of delivery of the Snow Pass Media.
5.2. If a cancellation of this nature occurs after your credit card has been charged for the purchase, the respective Suppliers will immediately issue a credit to your credit card account for the amount in question.
6. Details of terms and conditions applicable to Snow Pass Media
6.1 Details of the terms and conditions applicable to the Snow Pass Media on the Website may differ from time to time. The Suppliers reserve the right to make any changes to the details and terms and conditions if necessary to comply with any applicable legislation and to change the details and terms and conditions published on the Website, without affording notice, provided that this does not materially affect the nature of the Snow Pass Media purchased.
6.2 In all respects, and to the maximum extent permissible, the Suppliers make no other warranties or promises in respect of the Snow Pass Media. If either of the Suppliers are liable for breach of a guarantee implied by the Australian Consumer Law of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (not being a guarantee implied by Section 64 of the Australian Consumer Law) then their respective liability for a breach of any such guarantee will be limited, at their option, to any one or more of the following:
(1) the replacement of the Snow Pass Media or the supply of an equivalent Snow Pass Media;
(2) the repair of the Snow Pass Media;
(3) payment of the cost of replacing the Snow Pass Media or acquiring an equivalent Snow Pass Media;
(4) the payment of having the Snow Pass Media repaired.
7. Order submission and your agreement to these Terms of Sale including the
Snowpass Media Exclusion of Liability Conditions
When you click on the submit order page you agree to these Terms of Sale and the Snow Pass Media Exclusion of Liability Conditions and the Suppliers will treat the order as confirmed. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your order. The Suppliers shall endeavor to supply you, subject to availability, with the Snow Pass Media set out in your order. The respective Suppliers shall confirm each order made online via the Website or by email within two business days and will include a receipt with each Snow Pass Media purchased.
8.1. Australia Post is the Suppliers' usual postal agent and they will make deliveries unless otherwise instructed and in accordance with the terms and conditions stipulated by them. All Snow Pass Media will be delivered to the address that you have indicated on your order. Risk of damage or loss of the Snow Pass Media to Australia Post when it takes possession of your order from the Suppliers. Any times quoted for delivery are approximate only and the Suppliers shall not be liable for any delay in the delivery of the Snow Pass Media howsoever caused.
8.2. Costs of delivery and/or postage in Australia will be added to the purchase price of the Snow Pass Media and deducted from your credit card accordingly. The costs of delivery and/or postage outside of Australia may vary from the charge indicated. From time to time, the Suppliers may need to charge additional costs other than those indicate on the Website. These charges shall be added to the purchase price and deducted from your credit card.
9. Resale, transfer or alterations prohibited
All Snow Pass Media remain the property of the Suppliers and must not be resold, transferred or altered in any manner. Should this provision be breached the Snow Pass Media in question will be cancelled and the respective Suppliers reserve the right to refer the matter to the police. The Suppliers will not offer any refund for lost or stolen Snow Pass Media or if any of its facilities are not operating for any reason.
10. Security Policy
10.1. When purchasing from the Website your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.
10.2. No transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst the Suppliers strive to protect such information, the Suppliers do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to the Suppliers. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to the Suppliers, including your credit card details, is transmitted at your own risk.
10.3. Once the respective Suppliers receive your transmission, the respective Suppliers will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
11. Limitation of liability
You acknowledge and accept that, to the extent permitted by law, the respective Supplier's liability is limited only to refunding the price of or replacing the Snow Pass Media as provided for above. The Suppliers are not responsible to you to any greater extent and in particular are not liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss (including without limitation personal injury, financial loss such as loss of profit, or otherwise) that you may incur regardless of whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statute or statutory duty or breach of any consumer guarantees or otherwise.
If you purchase any Snow Pass Media, or any other product from the Suppliers via the website, or by any other means, on behalf of another person, you agree that you make that purchase as the authorised agent of that person so that he/she will be bound by these Terms of Sale.
13. Variation to the Terms of Sale
The Suppliers retain the right to vary these Terms of Sale at any time. Any variations become effective on posting of the changes on the Website. By making a purchase through the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms of Sale and by any later variation to them when posted on the Website. The Suppliers encourage users to review this document regularly to keep abreast of changes.
14. Termination of access
Access to the Website may be terminated at any time by the Suppliers without notice. The respective Suppliers' limitation of liability will nevertheless survive any such termination.
15. Law and jurisdiction
These Terms of Sale shall be governed by and construed firstly in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and then in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia. If any of these Terms of Sale should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining Terms of Sale shall remain and continue to be valid, binding and enforceable.
16.1.The Suppliers accept no liability for any failure to comply with these Terms of Sale where such failure is due to circumstances beyond the Suppliers' reasonable control.
16.2.If the Suppliers waive any rights available to the Suppliers under these Terms of Sale on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF Season SNOW PASS MEDIA
All Snow Pass Media issued by the Suppliers for the full length of the Snow Season (‘Season Snow Pass Media’) are subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. All Season Snow Pass Media holders must sign and agree to the Terms and Conditions prior to obtaining their Season Snow Pass Media.
2. Season Snow Pass Media purchases are non-refundable and non-transferable once payment has been processed. (Subject to payment and conditions of the Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection option below).
3. Names on the Season Snow Pass Media orders cannot be altered after the order has been made.
4. A child is classified as between 6 – 14 years of age at 1 June 2014. A Secondary student Season Snow Pass Media holder must be between 15 – 18 years of age at 1 June 2014. Seniors are persons over the age of 65 at 1 June 2014.
5. Season Snow Pass Media are valid for use at Falls Creek, Mount Hotham and Dinner Plain Resorts.
6. Proof of identification and secondary student enrollment will be required for collection of your Season Snow Pass Media.
7. Snow Pass Media must be carried in your ski jacket at all times while you are on the ski/snowboard slopes, away from mobile phones, credit cards or other RFID passes. It must be presented to the Suppliers’ authorised personnel upon request. The Season Snow Pass Media remains the property of Falls Creek Ski Lifts Pty Ltd and Mount Hotham Skiing Company Pty Ltd as the case dictates and is not transferable and cannot be resold. It is valid for the current snow season (i.e. the snow season in which the Season Snow Pass Media was purchased) only. No replacement or refund will be made for its loss or if any lift service is not operating or for customer illness or injury. It may be suspended or cancelled and access to lifts, services and other facilities denied at the absolute discretion of the Suppliers for reckless or careless conduct or non-compliance with the Alpine Responsibility Code or signs or other directions of the Suppliers.
8. You acknowledge and accept that your Season Snow Pass Media may be cancelled if another person is found to be using it prior to you reporting it lost or stolen.
$35 SEASON SNOW PASS MEDIA REFUND PROTECTION PROGRAM
If you purchase Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection at the same time as purchasing your Season Snow Pass Media you will receive the reassurance of a partial refund if you suffer injury or sickness which prevents you from further participating in skiing or snowboarding as outlined below.
INDIVIDUAL Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection - $35 per Season Snow Pass Media
FAMILY Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection - $85 for 3 and more Season Snow Pass Media.
SEASON SNOW PASS MEDIA REFUND PROTECTION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Unless you purchase Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection when purchasing your Season Snow Pass Media, Season Snow Pass Media are NOT REFUNDABLE or subject to any refund under any circumstances.
2. Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection is only available at the time you purchase your Season Snow Pass Media, and is only valid for the Snow Season for which the Season Snow Pass Media was purchased.
3. Where Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection is purchased the Suppliers will refund a percentage of the cost of your Season Snow Pass Media if you suffer injury/sickness which prevents you from further participating in skiing or snowboarding. No payments will be made under Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection where you have breached any terms and conditions applicable to the use of Season Snow Pass Media or where you are prevented from participating in skiing or snowboarding as a result of committing or attempting to commit a crime, undertaking elective or cosmetic surgery, injury or sickness resulting from the use of alcohol or illicit or improper drug use, violation of the Alpine Responsibility Code or insufficient snow coverage.
4. If you have purchased Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection the Suppliers will refund the cost of your Season Snow Pass Media if you are a Victorian resident who is transferred interstate or overseas by your employer; provided that the date of transfer is at least 30 days after the purchase of your Season Snow Pass Media and up to 20 days after the start of the declared 2014 Snow Season.
5. The Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection fee is not refundable under any circumstances.
6. Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection does not cover pre-existing injuries or conditions that were present at the time of purchase of the Season Snow Pass Media.
7. To request a refund, you must provide the Suppliers with a written request including a covering letter of explanation, your 2014 Season Snow Pass Media and a medical certificate stating the cause and date of your injury/sickness and prognosis. Refunds will be calculated from the day the Suppliers receive your request.
8. Once a refund claim has been processed your Season Snow Pass Media will be de-activated and cannot be used.
9. Refund protection under Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection ends on 6 August 2014 or the date when a refund is made by the Suppliers whichever is the earlier. No refund claims will be accepted by the Suppliers after 6 August 2014.
10. All refunds made under Season Snow Pass Media Refund Protection are subject to these terms and conditions and all decisions made by the Suppliers in respect to any refund are final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
SNOW PASS MEDIA REFUND PROTECTION REFUND SCHEDULE
Refund payments and the percentage amount refundable under Snow Pass Media Refund Protection will be made where the injury/sickness occurs:
Up to 20 Days after the date of the start of the declared 2014 Snow Season - 70% of the Snow Pass Media will be refunded;
21 - 40 Days after the date of the start of the declared 2014 Snow Season - 50% of the Snow Pass Media will be refunded;
41 - 60 Days after the date of the start of the declared 2014 Snow Season - 20% of the Snow Pass Media will be refunded;
Over 60 Days after the date of the start of the declared 2014 Snow Season - No refund will be paid
If you do not purchase Snow Pass Media Refund Protection no refund or credit will be issued under any circumstances.
SNOW PASS MEDIA EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY CONDITIONS
WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SUE - YOUR ASSUMPTION OF RISK - THESE CONDITIONS AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
Falls Creek Ski Lifts Pty Ltd and Mount Hotham Skiing Company Pty Ltd being the Suppliers of recreational services in the Falls Creek Alpine Resort and the Mount Hotham Alpine Resort respectively supply and sell all Fall Creek Hotham Snow Pass Media and all such services including skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing, snowtubing, skiing and snowboarding lessons, snow making, snow grooming, the use of chair lifts, t-bars, poma lifts, moving carpets, rope tows, helicopter flights between the resorts, the condition, layout, design, construction, maintenance, grooming and use of ski/snowboard slopes and surrounds, including the presence of people or objects thereon or nearby, and all other associated sporting activities or similar leisure time pursuits (recreational activities) subject to the following conditions:
1. By purchasing or participating in any recreational activities or by using any of the above facilities or services, in either the Falls Creek Alpine Resort or the Mount Hotham Alpine Resort, you are deemed to agree to these conditions.
2. The Suppliers, their employees, directors and agents are not liable to you, your dependants or legal representatives for personal injury or death suffered by you due to the recreational activities not being supplied with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for their purpose or for breach of any other of the consumer guarantees applied by the Australian Consumer Law (Victoria), or due to the negligence, breach of contract or statute or statutory duty by the Suppliers.
3. You acknowledge that the recreational activities are dangerous with many inherent risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury and sometimes death can occur and you assume and accept all such risks and hereby waive the right to sue the Suppliers for any personal injury or death in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from your participation in such activities;
4. You acknowledge that:
4.1 The Suppliers strongly recommend that all skiers and snowboarders wear accredited helmets whenever skiing or snowboarding and also recommend that snowboarders wear wristguards;
4.2 The wearing of an accredited helmet is compulsory for:
(a) all persons participating in skiing or snowboarding lessons in terrain, rail or half pipes, freestyle or freeform lessons or programs, ski or snowboard racing, race training and skiercross or boardercross; and
(b) all children aged 3 to 14 years whilst participating in ski and snowboard school lessons or in any other snow sports program.
4.3 You hereby waive the right to sue the Suppliers for any head or brain injuries and loss or damage you may suffer due to your failure to wear an accredited helmet as recommended and required by sub paragraphs 4.1 and 4.2 and you also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Suppliers against any claims by your dependents for any loss or damage suffered by them due to your failure to wear an accredited helmet.
5. WARNING UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND FAIR TRADING ACT 2012: Under the Australian Consumer Law (Victoria), several statutory guarantees apply to the supply of certain goods and services. These guarantees mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you:
• are rendered with due care and skill; and
• are reasonably fit for any purpose which you, either expressly or by implication, make known to the supplier; and
• might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 22 of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012, the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these statutory guarantees do not apply to you. If you sign this form, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the services provided were not in accordance with these guarantees, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in paragraphs 2, 3 and 4.3 above.
NOTE: The change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the Supplier’s part. Gross negligence, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012 and section 23(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012.
6. You must comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code and all signs or other directions of the Suppliers and they may suspend or cancel your access to recreational activities at their respective resorts in their absolute discretion for non compliance with the code, these conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
7. Despite any other provision of these conditions to the contrary, to the extent permitted by law in no event will the Suppliers or their employees, directors and agents be liable to you in respect of any claim for any indirect or consequential loss including without limitation personal injury, financial loss (such as loss of profit, or use of capital or revenue or otherwise) or for any punitive, exemplary, special or incidental loss or damage whether such liability arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statute or statutory duty or breach of any consumer guarantees.
8. The Snow Pass Media card must be carried in your ski jacket at all times while you are on the ski/snowboard slopes, but should be kept away from mobile phones, credit cards or other RFID cards. It must be presented to the Suppliers’ authorised personnel upon request.
9. All Snow Pass Media cards remain the property of the Suppliers and are not transferable and cannot be sold. The Snow Pass Media card is reusable for future visits year after year when loaded with the purchase of ski lift access, ski or snowboard lessons or ski and snowboard rental products. No refund will be made if any lift service is not operating or for customer illness or injury.
10. These conditions shall be governed by and construed firstly in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria and then in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia. If any of these conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted and the remaining conditions shall remain and continue to be valid, binding and enforceable.
ALPINE RESPONSIBILITY CODE
Regardless of how you enjoy your snow sport, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are inherent risks in all snow recreational activities that common sense, protective equipment and personal awareness can reduce. These risks include rapid changes in the weather, visibility and surface conditions, as well as natural and artificial hazards such as rocks, trees, stumps, vehicles, lift towers, snow fences and snowmaking equipment.
Observe the code and share with others the responsibility for a great experience.
1. Know your ability and always stay in control and be able to stop and avoid other people or objects. It is your responsibility to stay in control on the ground and in the air.
2. Take lessons from professional instructors to learn and progress.
3. Use appropriate protective equipment to minimise the risk of injury.
4. Before using any lift you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely and always use the restraining devices.
5. Observe and obey all signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails or runs.
6. Give way to people below and beside you on the hill. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
7. Do not stop where you are not clearly visible from above. Look uphill and give way to others when entering/exiting a trail or starting downhill.
8. Always ensure your equipment is in good condition and use suitable restraining devices to avoid runaway skiing/boarding equipment.
9. Do not ski, board, ride a lift or undertake any other alpine activity if your ability is impaired by drugs or alcohol.
10. If you are involved in, or witness an accident or collision, alert Ski Patrol, remain at the scene and identify yourself to the Ski Patrol.
KNOW THE CODE. IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. FAILURE TO OBSERVE THE CODE MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF YOUR TICKET OR PASS BY SKI PATROL OR OTHER AUTHORISED PERSONNEL.
‘RESPECT GETS RESPECT’
FROM THE LIFT LINE, TO THE SLOPES, THROUGH THE PARK AND THE RESORT.
In purchasing your Pass, all Pass Holders agree to receive communications from Mount Hotham Skiing Company Pty Ltd and/or Falls Creek Ski Lifts Pty Ltd Marketing teams via email advising them of key information and updates including additional pass holder benefits (e-newsletters but not restricted to this medium only)